Friday, August 8, 2014

A Little bit of "Nothing"....




A Little bit of Nothing..

 

Do you like the foam in a latte?

Do you ever find your self taking the lid off the cup and savoring just the foam? Have you ever just scooped it out on your finger and just enjoyed it? I caught myself lid off, finger in the cup and scooping foam this morning. Ah enjoyable!

 

Foam really is “nothing”, it’s mostly air but oh how enjoyable that “nothing” was this morning.

As I sat outside doing what I would most days classify as “nothing” God reminded me how enjoyable a few minutes of nothing can be.

 I could hear the wind lightly blowing through the trees and at least three different kinds of birds chatting. I could see the acorns hitting the ground and I felt the tiny ant crawling on my arm and tasted the “nothing” of the latte foam. How enjoyable were my moments of “nothing” this morning. I was just being and not doing. Just listening and not talking. Just waiting and not hurrying.

And why did I find these moments so enjoyable, because in our hurried, always wanting to be productive world we have very few moments of “nothing”. When we miss our nothing moments we miss so much. God has been reminding me in so many ways to stop doing and just start being. He reminds me that I would learn so much more and walk so much closer to Him if I would take those what I and the world  call “nothing” moments and be in them. Hear Him, See Him, Feel Him, And Taste Him.  He is good and He is in every moment! I have to stop missing Him.

 

How many “nothing moments” did you enjoy this week? I am praying for each of us right now. I am praying we will take the “Nothing Challenge”! Take   10 minutes this weekend to enjoy a “Nothing” moment.

Just rest in “nothing” and enjoy!J



No comments:

Post a Comment