Saturday, August 23, 2014

Who are you walking this Blessed but Muddy life with?


 

I have been listening to a song over and over today. I just can't get the words or the vision the words conjure up out of my head. I know the Lord is speaking to me. This past Friday I  finished a nine week study of 1 & 2 Thessalonians with some beautiful daughters of Lord. We spent quite a bit of time talking about what the words of this song speak about. We shared stories of  real life battles that we ourselves or those very close to us were going through.  We prayed for one another, we cried for one another and we laughed with one another. We walked together on this road of life for awhile!

How  truly blessed we are that the Lord has given us this gift of each other. If only we would all open this package and leave it open. Our Father wants us to stay close to Him and to our brothers and sisters especially as the time grows closer to His coming.

We need to not only hold each other up and strengthen each other with His word and His love; we also at times need to be there to pick each other up when we fall. All of us have had times when we have fallen and could not get up without those that God had put on our path. Sadly  I know there have been times in my life when  God had offered me the gift of helping to pick up a brother or sister from the mud and I did not. Forgive me  my Lord and forgive me my siblings.

This world continually reminds us that we are in a battle and we know that the battle is not against flesh and blood but against the evil one. Satan is taking all the blows he can to cause believers to fall and not get up. I have been reminded it is he who I listen to when I turn the other way and not reach out with God's love to pick people up. It is satan I listen to when I have fallen and I refuse to ask or accept the help of a brother or sister. The Lord did not create us to walk this earth alone but to walk together side with Him leading the way.

Let's link arms together with the power, strength, devotion and love of our Lord and walk this blessed and muddy life together!

Now may Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of YOU. 2Thessalonians 3:16

I would encourage you to listen carefully to the link below as the Isaacs perform "Another Soldier down" http://youtu.be/rnTDYtusHmI


No comments:

Post a Comment