Saturday, August 2, 2014


I have been allowing the delay of this blog for too long so here I go……

 

 

Today as I was reading a book by Parker J. Palmer, “Let your life Speak” and I had one of those ah huh moments!

 I have been struggling, really struggling with the concept of sharing some of the chapters of my life in print especially in a blog. I’m not sure that the word struggling defines the battle I have been in since I set out to put in black and white some of my story. I know it has been a spiritual battle, I have felt it deep in my soul. 

I have been running from the Lord for many years now. I know He has been calling me to share my story in black and white, to show His love and power. I could not put into words exactly what I was feeling and why I was running until today.

 

As I read Palmer’s penned words about his life I felt like I was seeing very clearly what I have been feeling about my life and my story.

Palmer writes, “The story of my journey is no more or less important than anyone else’s. It is simply the best source of data I have on a subject where generalization often fails but truth may be found in the details.”

Oh, thank you God for these words I know they have come from you.

Everyone does have a story and mine is no more important or special then anyone else’s but what is important is what I do with my story.

 I have shared my story when I was least expecting to over the last few years. I have been led to share with a perfect stranger while hiking Multnomah Falls, with a sister in Christ in Kenya and a life long friend who I hadn’t seen in years as well as many others. Each time I knew God had set up our meetings for a reason. He had led us to share with one another our stories. We shared details and truths that led us into a relationship if even just for an hour that would forever impact us. We created community by sharing with one another. What an encouragement and blessing we were to each other. How thankful I was to listen and share with them.

 

 This is why I will be obedient to the Lord and not waste the chapters of my life by keeping them to myself. I will share them to encourage and empower others. I will share them so they will see the faithfulness of our Lord Jesus Christ. I will share them to help build community as God has called us to do. I will share them because that is what life is meant to be, shared.

As I share my story through this blog I pray that others will share with me. I pray that we will form a community. It will be a community of story tellers who will focus on the details so that the Lord will be glorified and others will be encouraged!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you, Kim. I pray for an abundance of grace and full reliance on the Holy Spirit as you embark on this part of your journey. :)

    ReplyDelete